This course is designed to give a detailed discussion of the items that may be included in a professional home inspection report along with the common characteristics of most inspection reports and inspection procedures.
This course is organized by looking at the structure from the exterior, the interior, the major house systems, and environmental hazards. The course also examines the role of the licensee in the inspection process, the seller, and agent property disclosure requirements and the buyer's obligations with respect to reliance upon a seller's representations as to the condition of the property.
This course will address the following topics.
- Segment 1: An Overview of Professional Inspections
- Segment 2: The Exterior
- Segment 3: Major House Systems
- Segment 4: The Interior
- Segment 5: Environmental Hazards
At the end of the course, the student should be able to:
- Outline the licensee's responsibilities throughout the inspection process, including the selection of an inspector, disclosure, and etiquette.
- List major points of inspection for residential interior, exterior, environment, and major house systems.
- Identify areas that a home inspector is NOT required to inspect and be able to recommend further inquiry if necessary
Course Progress and Completion
This online course includes reading material with short questions placed between reading segments. Students must pass each activity in order to progress through the course. At the end of the course is a 10-question final exam that is not timed. Students have one attempt at the final exam. Failing to earn an 80% passing score requires the student to enroll in the course again (FAC 61J2-3.009(4)(a)). Re-enrollment is free.
A Notice of Satisfactory Course Completion Record is available immediately after passing the final exam. The successful completion record will be electronically uploaded to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) within 48 hours. Licensees can verify their continuing education records by using the DBPR's online services website, myfloridalicense.com