Virginia Real Estate License Training
Start learning how to be a Virginia real estate agent today! This Virginia real estate online training course will help you develop into a highly successful real estate licensee. These VA online real estate courses can be taken at your convenience and on your schedule. (OnlineEd, LLC. partners with Career WebSchool to offer this course.)
Learn How To Get A Real Estate License in Virginia
The Virginia Real Estate Board is under the Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation. In order to earn a real estate license in Virginia, the following requirements are necessary:
- To earn a VA Real Estate Salesperson license, you must be 18 years or older, have a high school degree or equivalent, have fingerprints on file at the Virginia Central Criminal Records Exchange, complete a 60 hour real estate principles course, and pass the state salesperson exam.
- To earn a Broker license, you must be an active salesperson for 3 years, complete 180 hours of education, and pass the state broker's exam. Each Virginia real estate license broker course must be a minimum of 45 hours.
Virginia Real Estate Salesperson License
VA real estate salesperson license students need to study a 60 hour Real Estate Principles course that has been approved by the Virginia Real Estate Board. Once you have passed the 60 hour course and have been authorized to take the state exam, you can contact PSI Exams to schedule for your test time.
- By Telephone: (855) 746-8170
- Online: https://candidate.psiexams.com
- By FAX: 1-702-932-2666
PSI Exams also can handle the fingerprinting requirement. During normal testing hours, you can visit your examination location to have your fingerprints electronically sent to the appropriate agency. Processing your fingerprints by the state agencies can take up to 4 weeks, so it may be a task you want to do long before you are ready to take the exam.
Once the fingerprint process has been completed, you have 45 days to submit the application for a Salesperson license to the REB. You will be given a license application by PSI Exams when you successfully pass the Virginia real estate exam.
Virginia Real Estate Broker License
A Salesperson must be active for 36 out of the past 48 months to quality for a Virginia Real Estate Broker license. Besides the experience requirement, a Salesperson must also take 180 hours of Broker education courses.
Each VA Real Estate Broker License class must be at least 45 course hours (or 3 semester hours) long. A Virginia Broker License student can either take:
- Real Estate Appraisal, Real Estate Finance, and Real Estate Law, plus an addtional 45 hour course; or
- Two of the 3 courses listed above, plus a third course from the Broker-related courses specified by the VREB (plus the additional 45 hours)
After completing the 180 hours of study, you can register for the Broker state exam at PSI Exams. The Broker exam is 130 questions and you have 155 minutes to complete the test.
If you do not have your fingerprints on-file at the Virginia CCRE, you will have to do so before you can send in your Broker application.
Once you pass the VA Real Estate Broker License exam and complete the Broker application, send it to the Real Estate Board for approval. It may take up to 3 weeks to process the Broker application, and your Principal Broker must return your Salesperson license to the 1REB before your Broker license can be issued.