This is a non-credit course. Not for license renewals.
This course is designed to provide real estate professionals a comprehensive overview specific to large apartment and commercial buildings including all facilities and equipment, tenant profiles, agreements, improvements by tenants, specialty properties and policies. Review the many opportunities and challenges that come with managing commercial properties and larger apartment buildings.
How you will benefit from taking this course:
- Identify and determine properties suitable for a property manager's level of experience and skills.
- Perform the financial and physical evaluation of apartments and commercial properties to establish an operating budget and plan.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of both the professional property manager and the property's resident manager.
- Describe the various types of commercial properties and unique characteristics of each as they relate to property management responsibilities.
- Identify the California Department of Real Estate (DRE) licensing laws as they relate to property management activities.
- Perform the investment analysis for an apartment building or commercial properties.
- Learn the guidelines, concepts, and terms for each loan program available for larger apartment buildings and commercial properties.
This course covers:
- Property Types and Management Opportunities
- Financial Analysis and Physical Inspection
- Professional Off-site Management
- On-site Management
- Leading Procedures, Rents and Security Deposits
- Daily Management
- Tenant Relations
- Commercial Enterprise and Real Estate
- Professional Commercial Property Management
- Commercial Lease Agreements
- Understanding the Investment Analysis Process
- Financing Apartment and Commercial Properties
About The Designation
The Property Management Certification (PMC) is a program for all Licensed Real Estate Professionals who want to learn how to manage residential and commercial rental property.
After all requirements have been met, students may apply for an official certificate. Once certified, students may add the certification to business cards, websites, email signatures, blogs, promotional materials, and more. There are no annual renewal requirements.
ATTENTION CAR MEMBERS: You can receive this course for 50% off its regular price by using your membership benefits at the California Association of REALTORS® website! Visit this course at the CAR Education Online Store for more details.