This is a non-credit course. Not for license renewals.
This course will provide you with an understanding about the responsibilities, functions, and skills involved in property management.
How you will benefit from taking this course:
- Identify the six P's in property management
- Describe and gather problem solving skills for tenant dispute resolution, overseeing the factors of risk management, and gaining abilities to deal with people who lack expertise with which you interact
- Identify fair housing requirements for rental property management
- Familiarize yourself with the rental practices within the REALTOR® Code of Ethics
- Identify Internet sources for professionals, associations and organizations
- Name different types of ownership for income-producing property
- Distinguish between off-site and on-site property managers and their duties, positions, training and expertise
- Define the trust fund accounting regulations
- Describe various rates of return owners use to determine cash flow
- Differentiate the advantages and disadvantages of various property types
- Understand legal contract elements and leasehold estates
- Learn how to begin and terminate a rental contract
- Describe the basic eviction process
- Locate and complete C.A.R. rental forms
About The Designation
The Property Management Certification (PMC) is a program for all Licensed Real Estate Professionals who want to learn how to manage residential and commercial rental property.
After all requirements have been met, students may apply for an official certificate. Once certified, students may add the certification to business cards, websites, email signatures, blogs, promotional materials, and more. There are no annual renewal requirements.
ATTENTION CAR MEMBERS: You can receive this course for 50% off its regular price by using your membership benefits at the California Association of REALTORS® website! Visit this course at the CAR Education Online Store for more details.