|At A Glance:|
|Features:||online text, PDF eBook|
7405 SW Beveland RD,
Portland, OR 97223
|Purchase This Course:|
Home Measurement Basics for Real Estate Agents:
Learn to create consistent, reliable, and reproducible square footage measurements in single-family homes, based on the ANSI® Guideline. The most complete "how to" course for measuring residential square footage ever created. This course will give you a new perspective on the all-powerful price-per-square-foot formula. Discover the secret power of square footage. Indeed, Size Matters!
This course describes the most often utilized practices and procedures for measuring and calculating square footage in detached single-family dwellings. The enclosed principles and methods are based on the American National Standard for Single-Family Buildings (ANSI®) Guideline. This course offers real estate professionals a stronger understanding of this complex topic, and a closer look at how square footage influences home values in CMA’s, AVM’s and appraisals. Square footage is the “currency of real estate,” and every buyer and seller views Realtors® as the square footage experts!
- Learn how to properly measure a single-family dwelling
- Explore the "Rules" of the ANSI® Measurement Standard
- Examine the measurement of stairs, upper levels, rooms with sloped ceilings; and reveal the proper method to report above & below "grade" living areas
- Define GLA or Gross Living Area, utilized within the appraisal industry
- Identify the typical or standard width used in estimating the thickness of walls, creating exterior dimensions from interior measurements
- Discuss the significance of accurate square footage calculations over all CMA's and appraisals
- Discover how using "size" in your marketing plan can get homes sold faster and for a higher price
- Understand the extraordinary power of "MLS"
- Learn more about AVM's, Public Records, and the current information crisis within the real estate industry
Estimating Gross Living Area in Single-Family Dwellings.
This is a non-credit course. Not for license renewals.
Our Mission Statement
To provide superior distance education that exceeds industry standards and expectations in course content and delivery methods to those who seek to enter a new profession and those engaged in a profession.